THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Sunday, March 21, 2010

CHEWY COCONUT SQUARES

CHEWY COCONUT SQUARES
Hmmm, yummy chewy squares! Sorry, I don't have a photo for this one but it looks very similar to the post with Maple Walnut Bars.

2 eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted (125 mL)
1 tsp butterscotch, OR maple, OR vanilla extract (5 mL)
1 cup desiccated coconut, (250 mL)
(unsweetened)
1 cup SPLENDA® Granular (250 mL), OR
1/2 cup powdered erythritol and 1/2 cup Splenda (used in analysis)
1/2 cup Low-Carb Bake Mix (see recipe above) (125 mL)
1/2 cup sugarless chocolate chips (125 mL), OR
Lindt bar (70% cocoa), coarsely chopped
1/4 cup snipped raisins, snipped in half (50 mL)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts, OR pecans (50 mL)
1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)

In small bowl, beat eggs. Stir in slightly cooled butter, vanilla and maple extracts. In larger bowl, combine coconut, SPLENDA® Granular, Low-Carb Bake Mix, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped walnuts or pecans baking powder and salt. Spread evenly in 8-inch (20 cm) square glass baking dish. Bake in oven at 350°F (180°C) 20 to 25 minutes, or until set and browned at the edges.

Nutritional Analysis:Yield: 25 squares: 106.5 calories; 2.1 g protein; 8.7 g fat; 2.6 g carbs

7 comments:

Kent said...

I made your chewy coconut chocolate chip recipe and loved the cookie. I tweaked it a little to drop the chocolate (SF Chocolate chips filled with maltitol) and replaced with Pecans, and my wife loved it. It's my latest video as well. All I can say is keep up the great work, and I hope those dwindling cook book supplies don't end you tweaking with your recipes or developing new ones.

Keep up the great work!

Jennifer said...

Lovely to wake up to your kind comment this morning! Thanks. :-)

Please could you check the link I have under favorite blogs to your videos. I couldn't find your latest video. Do I have the wrong link?

Kent said...

I just checked your link. The better link to my latest video or Youtube channel would be:

http://www.youtube.com/bowulf

or the RSS Link for the technical ppl with RSS Readers (like Google Reader):
http://gdata.youtube.com/feeds/base/users/bowulf/uploads?alt=rss&v=2&orderby=published&client=ytapi-youtube-profile

Either one will take you to my latest video. You might also recognize the source of previous recipe videos - the Low Carb Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9o3Znfilzo) and the Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXFYUsS1UUs). I am having fun going through the book and opening my way up to new tastes.

Thanks Jennifer!

Jennifer said...

Wow, Kent, I need to find the time to sit down and visit these links. Thank you so much! I will report back here once I've done my homework. :-)

Anonymous said...

How many servings on this one?

Jennifer said...

Ah, you caught me! 25 squares! I'll go and correct the omission.

Jennifer said...

Awesome videos! Thank you, Kent so much!! I will correct the link soon. Have made a note to do that.