THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Sunday, November 22, 2009

PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CONFECTION (GF)


Peanut Butter Chocolate Confection
A very simple recipe, but quite tasty. I like to let it thaw just a little while, then it is softer and the flavor stronger. Replace this recipe with this one. The erythritol does will recrystallize in this recipe.

5 oz regular cream cheese
1/2 cup chocolate whey protein powder
6 tbsp peanut butter
1/3 cup powdered erythritol
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

In food processor, combine cream cheese, chocolate whey protein powder, peanut butter and erythritol. Process until smooth. Turn out into an 8 x 4 inch loaf pan. Freeze. As it is hardening, score right through into 21 pieces (7 x 3).

Nutritional Analysis: 21 pieces, 1 piece:
56.3 calories; 2.8 g protein; 4.4 g fat; 1.1 g carbs

8 comments:

Amy Dungan said...

Wow.. this looks amazingly good Jennifer! I may have to whip some of this up today. :) Thanks!

Jennifer said...

You're welcome. Hope you like it. I just finished having a piece with my tea! :-)

Anonymous said...

Looks SO good! I will have to try this once Thanksgiving is over. If I have time I may make this tonight!

Thanks!
HUGS
Christina

Jennifer said...

Hope you try it, Christina! Hope your back is much better these days? (((HUGS))) back at ya! Jennifer

Capri K said...

Hi Jennifer,
Is there a reason you chose erythritol? Can you substitute Splenda? Those "ol"s are not my friends!

Jennifer said...

Capri K, you may substitute Splenda. Erythritol is the only sugar alcohol that does not cause stomach upset. It also has no affect on the blood sugar. You can look at the post on erythritol for more information. I also have problems with most other sugar alcohols.

It has a pretty good taste and in this instance would add a little to the texture of the confection. Nowadays, I often combine Splenda and erythritol for the synergy the sweeteners provide, however, usually there is no reason why you cannot simply use only Splenda.

Capri K said...

Thanks for explaining that to me. I will cautiously try it!

Jennifer said...

You're welcome, Capri K. Hope you find it useful.