THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

CHOCOLATE COCONUT MOUSSE (GF)


I giggled when I saw what Jonathan had sent me in an email. I had asked my youngest son to forward the photo he took of my mousse. In the subject line, it read simply: "Mouse". Just like with the word "dessert", if one leaves one 's' out, it becomes desert, as in a hot and dry, sandy desert.

INSTANT CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
Easy, rich chocolate mousse – freeze until more solid for an ice cream-like treat says my hubby. The grated chocolate takes the chocolatey taste up a notch and adds texture contast. I have several mousse recipes in my cookbooks – Creamy Delight Orange Mousse, Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Coconut Mousse, Double Chocolate Whirl, and Snow Pudding.


For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:
Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 

http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!

8 oz spreadable cream cheese
1 ¼ cups coconut milk (from a can)
Liquid sweetener (sucralose or stevia) to equal 1/2 cup sugar
½ cup powdered erythritol
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp xanthan or guar gum
½ oz unsweetened baker’s chocolate, grated

In food processor, process cream cheese. Add coconut milk; process. Add liquid sweetener, powdered erythritol, cocoa and xanthan or guar gum. Process until smooth and thickened. Sprinkle each serving with grated chocolate shavings. Serve immediately or chill and serve later.

Nutritional Analysis: 4 servings
4 servings: 362.3 calories; 8.9 g protein; 35.3 g fat; 5.1 g carbs

6 comments:

Amy Dungan (Sparky's Girl) said...

This looks great!

Jennifer said...

Ian liked it very much. I definitely liked it more with the grated chocolate on top - Yum!

Anonymous said...

Guess what I am making tomorrow to go with my LC Choco Mayo cake.. ;]

TY so much GF!
Blessings!
Christina

Jennifer said...

Hmm, your chocolate cake sounds yummy, Christina. You love that recipe don't you? I'll have to try it one of these days, since you like it so much. I think it was originally from BettyR?

Kent said...

I took you up on your offer to make a video on your recipes. My wife loves this one. I like it too since it simple and easy to make for her (even if I not much of a chocolate fan). Thanks Jennifer, and if you want me to tweak the attribution let me know.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk8Ejn9VWAE

Jennifer said...

Hi Kent - I was tickled pink to see your video and you making my recipe. How cool is that? Every time you do that, I'll blog about your video so that we make the most of the synergy - is that okay? We're going into the city now, but tomorrow I must do some blogging, as I'm woefully behind this month.

Oh boy, what planet are you and my eldest son, Daniel, from, Kent? LOL Daniel also does not care too much for chocolate. I love it, but it gives me migraines sometimes. So happy your wife likes that dessert. :-)

You still look great many years later after going low-carb - amazing!