THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Monday, July 27, 2009

HAWAIIAN CHICKEN CURRY (GF)

Actually, it's my Chicken Mushroom Casserole which I doctored very successfully, I might add. :-) The family and a friend loved this! You could serve it atop cauli-rice, if desired.

Here are the small changes:

I used two small roast chickens and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add 1 cup (250 mL) chopped, raw pineapple (6.1 g carbs) or chopped, medium-sized mango (7.8 g carbs). I then increased the heat for the curry: 2 tsp curry powder and 1 tsp crushed red pepper. I used one can of coconut milk and 1 tsp of cornstarch. Oh yes, and I omitted the mushrooms.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY Jen!! I am going to try this soon!!

Blessing and HUGS
Christina

Jennifer said...

Oh, great, Christina - you'll love it! Gee, you were quick to notice the post. Thx!

Every thing around the world said...

Mmmm, i like

Jennifer said...

LOL I'm glad you like...Thanks for commenting.

Sherrie said...

One of my favourite meals growing up was my mums Hawaiian chicken curry.

The main ingredients went something like, shredded cooked chicken, apple, pineapple, curry powder, onion, chicken stock and optional raisins or sultanas which I never bothered with when making it myself. It was so yummy, I haven't had it for so long, I could throttle you for reminding me of this LOL :D

Jennifer said...

Ah yes, I forgot I used onion in this dish. :-) Your mum's dish sounds very similar. My guys liked it too.