THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Monday, May 18, 2009

PEANUT CHOCOLATE FUDGE (GF)


PEANUT CHOCOLATE FUDGE
Easy fudge recipe – decadent-tasting with a lovely fudge-like texture! Cut small pieces as it is very rich. Two or three pieces at a time would be more than enough to satiate. Coconut oil will rev the metabolism and keep yeast in check, therefore, this fudge unlike regular fudge may actually help with weight loss. For those who are adverse to honey, keep this fudge for maintenance or for a special treat around Thanksgiving or Christmas time or find the sugar free honey, which might be in Walmart, I'm thinking. :)  You would know better than I.  I'm just thinking back to our visit to Orlando in May last year.  Gotta love Orlando...beautiful place - everything is so orderly near Disney World!

For other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes by the team & me:
Support your team, buy Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks at: 
http://amongfriends.us/Jen.php (Paypal/Amazon) - SALE priced!


2 cups Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts (I get the big can of salted peanuts from Costco)
7 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup powdered erythritol
½ cup cocoa
2 oz unsweetened chocolate (melted)
2 tbsp honey, OR sugar free honey* (*a friend of mine tried it and it worked for her)

In food processor, grind peanuts until as fine as possible (it will still be a coarse meal most likely, depending on the power of your processor – mine is not too powerful). Add coconut oil; process. Add erythritol, cocoa and melted chocolate. Add the honey and notice something amazing happens to the texture! It thickens up nicely and the taste improves – the slight cooling effect of the erythritol is now barely noticeable. Spread in an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish. Freeze. When more solid (happens after about 20 minutes to half an hour), cut into 80 pieces (8 x10).

Nutritional Analysis: 80 pieces. 1 piece
38.5 calories; 1.0 g protein; 3.4 g fat; 1.2 g carbs

9 comments:

digitalbliss said...

I am going to try these next week! They look absolutly lovely!

Jennifer said...

Thanks, digitalbliss - hope you enjoy it! :-)

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Robin said...

I just stumbled upon your blog when googling "lowcarb". I've been on low carb back a few years ago and lost a few pounds but didn't understand much about low carb except "eat meat". I was having blood sugar problems and decided low carb was the only way I could get my blood sugar under control so I've been back to this lifestyle for 8 weeks. I feel so much better. your recipes look wonderful and i can't wait to try them. Thank you for all of the hard work on your recipes.
Robin Pichelmayer
www.robinpich.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Robin, I'm so happy you realize that low-carbing is more than eating meat. I'm not a big meat-eater myself.

Nancy said...

Jennifer, Can I use the sugar free honey in the peanut chocolate fudge recipe?

Jennifer said...

Yes, Nancy, you can. My friend, Char, tried it with the sugar free honey and it worked. There are different types of sugar free honey, so not sure if it will work optimally with all of them. I'm also not sure which brand she used.

4d ultrasounds said...

Wow I Really Love CHOCOLATE . Thanks For Sharing My Favorite Post. :)

Kim said...

What on earth is sugar-free honey? It can't possible be REAL - as real honey IS sugar.