Do You Think Portion Sizes are a Problem Here?

NAME OF THE DESSERT: HEART ATTACK CHOCOLATE SUNDAE

THE WORLD'S LARGEST CHEESECAKE in Mexico City


Hmm, need I say more? Portion sizes in restaurants can be excessive, no doubt about it! Sometimes it makes sense, if possible, to eat half the meal and ask to take the rest home. When trying to lose weight, be mindful each day and with each meal or snack to keep portion sizes smaller.

This was tongue-in-cheek, because they are extreme examples. lol That sundae was consumed recently by my youngest son, Jonathan - sure he let everyone else have a taste, but it made all of us laugh as it was so ridiculous in size! He doesn't normally get sugar at home, so occasionally he splurges. At home he has actually been mindful of eating lower carb these days (he does not need to lose weight, but I guess I'm rubbing off on him). Interesting, since before now he has shown little interest in low-carbing. In fact, he mourned the loss of the desserts, etc. that I used to make with my very first traditional-style Splendid Desserts Splenda cookbooks.