THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Vikki's Low-Carb Kitchen

Vikki's Low-Carb Kitchen

Vikki's selfless desire to reach out to friends and other people with her low-carb culinary expertise really made me think that I'd like to showcase her wonderful blog and point more people her way. She very kindly reviewed one of my cookbooks (gave it a nice positive review too, but then that's Vikki!)and even shared a recipe from the book. She often shares with photos how she actually goes about making her recipes. It's really a rather unique site in that respect. Vikki has great taste in music and when you go to her Low-Carb Kitchen, you'll listen to her music selections at the same time. I got to know Vikki when she found my blog and she started visiting and commenting regularly. She was the first person ever to leave hugs for me in a comment. I figured I already knew this sweet woman! How nice is that?

Vikki worked as a teacher for 20+ years and, therefore, teaching as she does on her blog comes naturally to her.

Vikki has her own share of challenges which she shares on another blog of hers. She has many friends and it is not difficult to see why. Here is her other blog: Welcome to My Low-Carb Kitchen.

Vikki is also a pro at losing weight. She knows how to do it and how to work a low-carb diet. I am so impressed with this ability of hers and her sheer determination. I think she mentioned that she lost something like 80 lbs. Weigh to go, Vikki {pun intended :-)}.

Vikki is a fantastic daughter to her mother (also helping her with her diabetes) and a godly woman as well. What is not to admire?

12 comments:

Amy Dungan (aka Sparky's Girl) said...

So what's up? :) Now I'm super curious. LOL

Jennifer said...

LOL Amy, I'm going to feature each blog that I have listed in my favorite blogs, in no particular order, but I'm starting with Vikki, because it was thinking about her last night that actually gave me the idea.

I'd like to showcase every blog that I love, yours included, of course!

Amy Dungan (aka Sparky's Girl) said...

How nice! That will let people get to know each blog more.. especially those that some may not be familiar with. I look forward to learning more!

Jennifer said...

Amy, you probably know them all and yet some, but you're right some people may not be familiar with all of them. I hope people won't mind me doing this. I guess I should actually ask their permission first. What do you think?

Vikki said...

Oh my goodness I'm blushing here.
Thank you so much Jennifer. Goodness but you said such wonderful thinks about me. I'm not all that special, just another American woman trying to lose all the fat eating like an American has helped put on.
I've got a long way to go, but little by little I'm getting there.
I give you hugs, because you deserve hugs, and that's a simple fact. BTW I think it's wonderful that your spotlighting other blogs. I know we each will deeply appreciate it, I know I do.
Hugs, my friend,
Vikki

Amy Dungan (aka Sparky's Girl) said...

Nah. I think your fine as long as you don't repost something that might be copyrighted. I doubt anyone will mind at all. It's nice to be recognized for your efforts and I'm sure everyone will appreciate it. :)

Jennifer said...

Vikki, you are special. :-) Your determination and follow-through ability with your weight loss is also something I totally admire. Good for you! I know you'll get there, and help many others in the process.

Amy, thanks - I'll do the showcasing of blogs every now and then until I've covered them all, and I'll do your wonderful blog and your National Examiner Spot next. :-)

Amy Dungan (aka Sparky's Girl) said...

Aww.. you are sweet Jennifer. Thanks so much. Don't rush anything that has to do with me. There are is far better work out there to showcase. And for claritys sake, I want to mention I'm actually the St. Louis local examiner instead of national. It'd be cool to be national I think, but those spots are taken right now but some extremely capable folks. :D

Jennifer said...

Either way, it seems a similar thing to me - I thought I was going to the same national examiner place when visiting your articles. :-) You're doing a great job. I enjoy your posts.

Amy Dungan (aka Sparky's Girl) said...

Thanks Jennifer.. I appreciate your support!

Anonymous said...

Have to say I'm an admirer of Vikki's, and that's how I found out about your blog. She is every bit as sweet as you say she is!
Hugs, to you both!
Gracie

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Gracie, I'm glad you found my blog. :-)

For the short time I've known Vikki, she has already shown me that she is special. She has a way of making others feel special which is the irony. She must have been a fantastic teacher to have.