THE Premier Low-Carb store .. .. AND Meeting Place

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Much-Maligned Mighty Egg Rises Victorious Once Again




This morning I spent some time on a few blogs and found some egg-related articles that I enjoyed: Dr. Eades, author of Protein Power, and Ron, the former Donut Junkie.

Eggs are such a complete food - think about it - a whole chicken with beak and feathers and the whole bit develops from one egg! I knew of a woman who had a svelte figure who for years started her day with a couple of eggs, as she said it kept her satiated for many hours.

Vikki's Low-Carb Kitchen has a post about her favorite egg dishes. She says, "Let me get down to two dozen eggs in the fridge and I begin to panic." Eggs are a staple for low-carbers and I'm sure many other people share her sentiments.

Jennifer Eloff
www.low-carb.us

6 comments:

Vikki said...

Hey,
Thanks for the mention. Yep, I love eggs. What's not to like? you can do anything you want with them.
Have a great day!
Vikki

Jennifer said...

No problem - you have a nice blog that is helping lots of people, no doubt. Only thing is, I've wanted to post a few times, but I have to belong to MSN or something like that - so at the moment I can't post...

Former Donut Junkie said...

Jennifer, great blog I've somehow missed! Added you to my BlogRoll!

Eggs = Donut Repellent!

Ron, aka The Former Donut Junkie

sylvia said...

Hi jennifer!

I love eggs in the morning....
I read some time ago that you lose weight on Atkins faster if you eat eggs every day.
What do you think?

Sylvia

Jennifer said...

Cool, Ron. Thanks! :-)

Jennifer said...

Hi Sylvia,

So nice to hear from you! I think you are right about the eggs. They help satiate the appetite, which means fewer calories consumed, which translates to more weight lost.